Lessons I learnt this fortnight:
- Essays are time consuming
- Managing exercise and writing an essay a week is challenging!
- Maintaining a balanced diet to keep healthy and energised = super important
- Patience is a virtue
- Sleep + water are the best medicines
- Productivity is key
- Time management is a skill I am yet to perfect!
- Support from friends and family = life saver
- Positivity & faith in yourself means everything
- Time out in the sunshine helps put everything in perspective
- Have not gained weight even though I have not exercised enough in the past two weeks (but haven’t lost weight in the past 2 weeks either)
- Eating healthy most of the time :) No binging on blocks of chocolate or junk food, but still let myself enjoy party food when in the company of friends
- 3 Essays down! 1 to go!
- Feeling more positive generally in everyday life :) (I think the Spring weather has helped!)
- Taking Ellie (pup) for lots of walks!
- Get final essay done!!!
- Pick up exercise regime over the coming fortnight (aim to lose 1 kg in that time)
- Get back into fitness state of mind (whilst maintaing eating healthy)
- Continue to be productive - keep making those lists and checking them twice ;p
- Continue to be positive - appreciate and help the world around you! :)
- Get back into cooking creative/healthy dinner meals - yumsos
Until next time - whether in 1 week or 2 weeks :) I will keep you posted!
Lessons I learnt this week:
First Lesson—> Don’t over think what exercise you will be doing today or what you should eat today. It puts too much pressure on yourself and you will feel more guilty when you don’t follow through.
Second Lesson—> Do what works for you. If that means making exercise a more leisurely activity then do that. I’ve found that now the weather is getting warmer, walks/jogs outside with my pup are way more rewarding then a gym session. It’s about lifestyle/being active generally as much as it is about training/regimes
Third Lesson—> Make your meals work for you. Instead of following the exact meals on the 12wbt program - I am choosing dinner meals from the 12wbt recipe index that I prefer/easy to make. So I am making the program work for me rather then working for my program. Much more enjoyable when you have more control over your lifestyle choices!
Fourth Lesson—> Don’t beat yourself up if you don’t have a great week in terms of food and activity. There is always tomorrow/next week! It takes time to build new habits/lifestyle. Do what makes you feel good :) If you need a day/week off to recuperate or get some balance in other areas of your life then that’s ok, don’t give up if you ‘fail’ one day or week! For example, I had an essay due yesterday that I handed in worth 50% and it is a priority for me to pass my final semester of uni so that I can graduate at the end of the year! I found I couldn’t yet balance exercise with study commitments last week, but I was able to eat lots of healthy food to give me the right type of energy for the week to write my essay which was an achievement!
Fifth Lesson—> Start learning to be aware of when your stomach begins to feel full after a meal, and when your stomach is telling you it needs fuel/nutrients/water. It is a good exercise for maintaining healthy meal sizes and conscious awareness of what your body actually wants. Remember you get to eat every couple of hours so there’s no need to over eat at each meal! :)
Sixth Lesson—> Weekly meal prep/shop/scheduling activities in, is as important next week as it was in week 1 & 2.
Seventh Lesson—> Spring makes life so much more beautiful and enjoyable :)!
Achievements for Week 2:
- Learning to listen to bodies needs when hungry/full, thirsty
- Major essay handed in (managed to keep stress relatively under control by being positive, getting enough sleep, water, and mostly healthy food choices!)
- Even though I have not lost that much weight (I’m 65.7kg), I can already feel my body/mental health becoming stronger and healthier because of spending more time outside in the sun walking/jogging even if its for 15-20mins, and making healthy choices/listening to my body.
Weigh in day is Wednesdays - I don’t think I will lose much overnight but I started off this week with a easy 5km jog around the block so I’m just happy to have got outside and enjoyed the beautiful spring weather! :)
Goal for week 3 = Continue to enjoy healthy lifestyle choices, don’t obsess over workouts but instead keep listening my body, its wants/needs and schedule life accordingly :) Will see how that works out for me this week and share that with you next week!
[ Still have an awareness generally at the back of my mind of what a healthy lifestyle constitutes—30minutes of activity a day, water, healthy meals every 3 hours filled with nutrients, fruit, veges, proteins, complex carbs, calcium, listen to body and what it wants/need/is asking for, sun, study, sleep, relaxation and centering, schedule activities, appreciation of life, joy, love, compassion, hope, faith, belief…and so much more! :) ]
Until next time :) Xxx